Thursday, April 7

Hawaii 2011

The Colhours do Hawaii 2011 -

We flew in on Monday the 21st.  Our plane took off on time just to be grounded and re-routed to SFO (we flew out of SJC) to fix a GPS issue.  We weren't allowed off the plane, and all kids were stir crazy.  Instead of a 5hr flight it was 8hrs.  We finally arrived and immediately went to the cousins house!  All 5 kids acted like they were BFF's and no time had ever passed since they'd seen each other last.  It was awesome!  We even got to leave the big kids there for dinner and Easy Bake Oven dessert while Sal and I checked into the hotel.

He only slept 2 hours the night before,
maybe he was too excited.
Walking to our Gate at the airport

 At Uncle Brendan's and Auntie Steph's:

Mac & Hot dogs for dinner!






The next day we all met up with Auntie Steph and the kids to hike Diamond Head Crater. I was all ready to go with Austin in the stroller, until Steph told me there are stairs and teeny tiny paths....oh.
Good thing I brought the Ergo. We strapped Moose to my back and off we went. It was breezy and not too hot. Perfect day for hiking!  I wish I hadn't worn flip flops, but hey, that's what you get for not doing any research.  I also wish I'd known there was a tunnel.  A long, skinny, dark tunnel.  Luckily, Little Sal Sal (who was scared of the tunnel) and I made it through alive.  I only had to push two kids out of my way while running through!  Thank goodness for the Shave Ice when we got back down to the bottom!










There was a huge wind gust that blew dirt in every one's eyes,
but Daddy didn't seem to notice


The kids at the top!

Sweaty little bugger, he loved the backpack ride :)

YUM!


He likes Shave Ice too!

Wednesday was spent at Aloha Stadium in the morning and at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Lagoon.  The lagoon was really close to our hotel and shallow enough that the kids could play pretty far out.  There was also no risk of them getting sucked out to sea.  Thank goodness. I realized on this trip I'm kind of a freak about the kids in water. 
We were already 3 days into our trip and hadn't even been to the beach!  So Steph & Co. meet us there for some much needed beach time.  That evening was spent at Brendan's house for pizza and a special showing of Spider Man 3 on blueray on the 84" projector TV with surround sound.  And since I am fairly certain my brother does NOT read my blog, I don't feel the need to brag anymore about that thing for him.

Mom & The big kids


Coconut milk!

  
On the way to the Lagoon

Silly girls

Auntie Steph & Sal Sal
Uncle Brendan & Gabby

The 'guys'

Ice down the bathing suit






 Thursday morning I spent with Austin at Kaiser Clinic.  He spiked a 104.5 fever that we couldn't keep down with Tylenol and was throwing up all night Wednesday night.  They did all sorts of tests and x-rays to determine it was NOT pneumonia, RSV or the flu.  It was a respatory infection.  2 supositories, 2 breathing treatments, a dose of Advil and a bottle later, he was feeling like a million bucks and they let us go.  He now has an inhaler for his wheezing.  All morning while Moose and I did that, Sal and the big kids hung with Poppi and Auntie Margie at the pool.  Most of the afternoon was spent like this:




Friday was spent at North Shore.  We stopped by the Dole Plantation and went through the giantic maze!  And yes we also found all the secret stations!  It was so much fun.  After that we had some pineapple and Dole whip and headed out for lunch at Giovanni's shrimp shack. After a SUPER garlicky, delicious lunch, we took our rancid breath to go find the 'secluded' beach we discovered last time we were here.  We found it, but it was too windy to play for long.




Don't know why I look pregnant.  I'm not.
Glad working out 6 days a week is really paying off.
Grrr.

The boys navigating the maze.




"Nathan Colhour" - I am not sure why he wrote it like that.
Maybe to blend it in with all the scribble scrabble around it.

Cheyanne


Secluded Beach



Saturday was nothing big. We went to the zoo and swimming for a while.  Easy realxing day.  As it should be.  We were in Hawaii for goodness sake!









Our last day was Sunday and we made it Lagoon Day again.  Everyone came out, Poppi, Margie, Uncle, Auntie and the cousins.  Sal rented a Paddle Board and we all had fun with it.  Moose was finally feeling like himself again so was able to join in the fun.



That dead fish was the highlight of the day.
He tortured his cousins and sister for hours.

"Shakka"





We left on Monday.  We were glad to be home, but already want to go back.  We had a blast and the weather was perfect.  We can't wait until The Virardi's come to California!



No comments:

Post a Comment