There was a small ceremony in the cafeteria at for all the Pre-K students. Miss Sherry gave a short speech and the kids performed the 3 songs they had been rehearsing for 2 months. And yes, I (along with many other moms) teared up and cried throughout the whole thing. It was so sweet and Nathan was just so darn grown up looking. He is truly, mentally, physically and emotionally ready for Kindergarten.
His maturity level has sky rocketed in this last year and he has become this boy that is hilarious, sympathetic and a great friend. We hit a few rocks (i.e. The Big D and the teacher 'issues') but all in all it was a great year for both of us.
Nathan has learned all lower case letters and is beginning to read. In the assessment tests at the beginning of the year that he scored 87% on he is now at 100%. But with all that 'stuff' the most important thing I think, he has learned this year, is how to be a good friend. I think this was a HUGE lesson and it shows at home as well as school. Cheyanne and he get along much better now and I can see the "give and take" on his side. Its a level of understanding I was thinking this kid was never going to get.
I also learned a lot this year. I got to experience first hand PTA Mom's, Committee Mom's and Baseball Mom's. While these type of Mom's get a bad rap. . . I can't wait to be "one of those mom's" and participate in all the fun school stuff. We are so lucky to be in the neighborhood we are with the people here that I am humbled to just be a part of it all. I value the friendships I have made and see them lasting a lifetime.
I know the whirl wind of activities, school events and friends is just beginning but I can't wait for what's to come.
| Waiting for the ceremony (note: the cone is unintentional) |
| Cheyanne sat with my friend Laura who was 2 rows from the stage |
| Bad Shot - the lighting was terrible |
![]() |
| We did it! |
| Celebratory cupcake face |

No comments:
Post a Comment