Nathan and his "bee episode" at Golden Gate Park. He also got stung just walking home from school about 3 months ago.
Cheyanne got stung a week ago at the Cabana Club getting out of the pool.
Then yesterday at the park we were playing and Cheyanne ran over screaming "I got stung!!!". I looked and sure enough there was something in her pinkie finger. I looked at it a little closer and thought it was a thorn of some kind. This park was in the Saratoga Hills and there is a lot of foresty area with strange plants everywhere. I had to pull it out with my nails. I checked for anything else stuck and there was a threaded thing. I got that out as well and I reassured her that it was just a thorn and she is okay. This seemed to calm her quickly, which made me think, it couldn't have been a bee sting. She would have still been crying in pain.
Then the next morning she woke up with finger all swollen. I didn't think much of it because it was just her finger and it was a pretty pokey thorn. We had plans to go to Grandma's to go swimming, so we left. Once we get there Cheyanne tells Gramma all about her thorn and Grandma tells her "its infected" and "we have to poke your hand to drain it" and things like that. She was a little freaked out, so I took another look at her finger. This time though it looked like THIS:
No comments:
Post a Comment