For all our Thanksgiving Holidays as a family, we have spent them away from home. Our house is way too small to host our own and I've never cooked for a lot of people. If I am totally honest, I am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving food anyway. Its always fattening, loaded with butter and just "eh".
This year we were invited to Grandpa Bob's house. He lives about 10 minutes away in Los Gatos. The meal was healthy and delicious! I mean DELICIOUS! It was so.darn.good! I don't know what was different this year but I was ALL OVER that feast! I almost had thirds.
In lieu of the delicious meal, Sal and I were craving leftovers. That's the thing with going to someones house. You never get to keep the leftovers....
So, we decided to have our own Post-Thanksgiving feast! It was fantastic and healthy! For the first time I made a turkey (which was fabulous!), stuffing, and quiona. The other stuff was easy. Plus, I had my awesome helper Shy. One of the best parts was that, wait for it, wait for it, Nathan ate seconds! Nathan! My little ethiopian. It must have been good!
| The Bird |
| Turkey, Baked Butternut Squash, Quiona, Smashed Sweet Potato, Stuffing, Lentils w/Mushrooms, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce |
No comments:
Post a Comment