Thursday, August 6

Coyote Point

Yesterday for a change we went to Coyote Point. We haven't been there since the kids were tiny. We left early in the morning and had a blast. There was almost no one there and with our Oakland Zoo membership we got 1/2 off admission.
The highlights were: kids got to pet a bunny and the Coyote was actually awake so we were able to see him. Oh and there was a Golden Eagle there was was the BIGGEST bird I have ever seen. I couldn't get a good pic of him, but I swear he was as big as Shy and had a wing span of 79 inches. His talons were twice the size of my hand. It was amazing.


Waiting for them to open


"Ahhh! What is that? Oh wait, its a leaf"


"Can I pleeeeease give the fish this stick to eat?"

Random Cave
You got an up close and personal look at a few different animals from in there.

Notice the otter swimming in the background
(cue music - theme to jaws) Doo doo doo doo doo


They had to use ONLY 2 fingers to pet the bunny

She did more poking than petting, but the bunny didn't seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment