Nathan's 10 private swim classes are over. He can now swim underwater 1/2 the length of the pool. Float and swim on his back 1/2 the length. Dive to the 10ft (with help getting to the bottom) to retrieve a 'sinker'. Dive to the 3ft (without help) to get a sinker. He's learning how to do big arms and turn your head to the side to breath as well as dolphin kicks and a few other techniques.
We were so pleased with his progress that when his 10 classes ended we immediately signed him up again. This time we signed him up for a semi-private with Cheyanne. They have so far had 2 lessons.
The first class they had together was with a new teacher and at a super busy time in the afternoon. They didn't accomplish much and ended 5 minutes early. I called that day to have the class switched. The only time they had available with Nathan's previous teacher Daniella, was right smack in the middle of nap time but I took it anyway. I'd rather them be super cranky one day a week and get a good teacher that will TEACH them to swim in the full 30 minutes we are paying good money for - not just play in the water.
Monday was their second class together with Daniella at the new time. Nathan of course loved it and listened to everything she was saying. He was so excited to have sister swimming with him he helped her put on her goggles, showed off for her a little, and kept asking her if she was OK.
Cheyanne I think was a little nerve wracked from her first experience in the overcrowded pool. She also is a lot more head strong than Nathan. She doesn't like to go under and doesn't have a problem telling Daniella NO when she doesn't want to do something. She will be a little more challenging to teach but I am sure her age also has a lot to do with it. She is coming into this a full year younger than Nathan. I know as time goes on she will be more comfortable in the water without a vest and learn to trust her teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment