I of course screamed, he almost dropped the thing and Sal came flying in too. Sal guided him outside and gave him a box to put it in. He was very upset that this birdie was not flying but very proud that he "saved the birdie's life".
We of course already had the talk about heaven and death when Angel died in December, but tried again to explain the birdie was in birdie heaven. He wasn't happy about this AT ALL, so we told him he could leave the birdie in the box (since it was still twitching) over night and we would check it out the next day.
The next day the kids and I left early and spent the day at the beach. Sal stayed behind and did a bunch of house projects. When we got home, the birdie had made a full recovery and flew away, never to be seen again. . . .(thank you daddy, for staying behind and *ahem* "helping" the birdie *wink, wink* "recover". . .)
"Mommy, I totally saved this birdie's life"
LOL. "I of course screamed"
ReplyDelete