Tuesday, September 15

Nathan's First Day at Preschool

We signed Nathan up for a Tiny Tots Preschool program at Campbell Community Center. Its a great program designed to get kids used to being at school. Its every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:15 - 11:15. They have a strict agenda they follow with includes circle time, outside playtime, art time, snack time, free play time and story time. Also a parent gets to help out once every 20 classes. Sal signed up to help on Halloween.

Since I was watching those 2 boys earlier this year, Nathan knew what preschool was all about. He knew I would drop him off and that he'd be in a class with lots of other girls and boys. He knew he had to listen to his teachers and that he'd be able to bring fun art projects home with him.

Sal went to work late this morning so he could be there for Nathan's first day. I also had Carly (the little girl I babysit for) this morning so we had planned to take the girls to breakfast once Nathan was at school. He couldn't wait to go and there were no tears. From him or from me. When I picked him up, he was sad that he had to leave but couldn't wait to go back Thursday. On the way out his teacher said he was excellent today.


So happy to be there




Getting his name tag


Giving sister a ride before school starts

And there he goes

Breakfast

Carly


First preschool art project

1 comment:

  1. OMG, what a BIG BOY!!!! I love that last pic of him walking off!! Good job for not shedding any tears!! :) I swear to God I will be HYPERVENTILATING on Gabby's first day of preschool!!

    ReplyDelete