Toys R Us has TONS of bug stuff. Its all the same brand Cheyanne's butterflies from last year and the year before were. Nice stuff.
He ended up picking a bug carnival and a bug sucker-upper. We have been sucking bugs up all over the place and putting them in the carnival. Unfortunately, its off season and we haven't found a large variety, but we do have pincher bugs, slugs and beetles. For now. We'll see what summer brings. The beetles are by far the best ones. The pincher bugs are hibernating or something because they are as boring as the slugs. They pick something to hide under and just hide. LAME. The beetles on the other hand climb all around, slide down the slide, swing on the swing and even walk the tight rope. AWESOME.
Because we don't have tons of cool bugs here, Sal took the kids to Forest Hill School which is right next to a creek. They lifted a bunch of rocks and ended up finding some cool bugs along with a baby frog.
This frog was clearly TERRIFIED and a baby so I insisted we let it go.
Nathan and Cheyanne cried their eyes out.
But I am not a total cold-heart. I heard about a boy at Nathan's school whose stick bug had babies and the mom was trying to give them away. Apparently the stick bug had like 150 babies. (ew!). I talked to the mom and she was VERY happy to give us some. She ended up giving us 6. I don't know where 2 are, because now we only have 4. I'm trying not to think about it.
Nathan named them - Skippa, Sargent, Froggie (in honor) and Junior (as in Froggie Junior, again in honor).
They eat lettuce now, but during the summer we have to give them bugs. bleccccch!
Thank goodness for the bug sucker-upper and 2 kids who don't mind doing it!
No comments:
Post a Comment