One of my favorite bands is Sublime. Its a blend of reggae, punk and a little bit of hip hop. I have loved them forever.
One of their older songs is called "What I Got". I wanted a new song to teach the kids so at random one day I picked this one. But the lyrics can be explicit.
I taught them the first 3 verses substituting all the naughty words for 'bubble gum'.
ORIGINAL VERSION:
Early in the morning
Risin' to the street
Light me up that cigarette
and I strap shoes on my feet
Got to find a reason
a reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason
why my money's all gone
I got a dalmatian
I can still get high
I can play the guitar
Like a mother f--- riot
MY VERSION:
Early in the morning
Risin' to the street
Light me up that bubble gum
and I strap shoes on my feet
Got to find a reason
a reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason
why my money's all gone
I got a dalmatian
I can still get bubble gum
I can play the guitar
Like a bubble gumming riot
Here is the link to the original song if you are interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sal-bp_ciC4
that is mother-bubblegummin' awesome!! :)
ReplyDelete