Sunday, July 5

The 4th

For the 4th we went to the Port of Redwood City and watched fireworks. There were a ton of kids there that Nathan and Shy ran around with. There was also a live band. The kids danced and ran around until it was just about dark.

We almost made it through the evening with no incidents but. . . . Nathan did take a header face first into the water (with all his clothes on). He scraped up his hand pretty bad and I got terrible looks from the parents that saw, but we had PJ's to change into and all those people suck anyway.

Today (the day after) I asked everyone - "What was your favorite thing about the 4th of July?"

Nathan - "The RED fireworks"
Cheyanne - "Um, I like, um, the pink"
Sal - "That we were all together"
Me - "After the fireworks started, Nathan looked up at Sal and I and with ALL sincerity says 'You guys are the best!'" - I almost cried. Regardless of if I blogged this sentence or not, I will never forget that moment.







1 comment:

  1. wow, you get a 'you guys are the best'?!?!?!?!? i get a 'you're being mean to me, mommy'. lol. horrible. anyway, awesome photos!! shy is getting so big!!! and nathan's hair...wow!

    ReplyDelete