Friday, July 17

We Took Our First Bus Ride

Nathan has been curious about buses for a long time so finally we decided to actually take a ride on one. On Friday's we have started going to story time at the Los Gatos library. They sing songs and read stories. The kids love it. Since there is a bus stop right out in front of the library we decided to take the bus there. This morning I drove to the VTA train station here in Campbell and we caught the bus. Its more like a shuttle bus, but you have to pay. Apparently they are greener or something.

When we got to the library stop the kids immediately ran to the front of the bus. The stairs are steep so I ran after them. Nathan made it off fine and I grabbed Cheyanne's hand. When I did that, I proceeded to slip and fall on my rear and slide down 3 steep, hard stairs and out the door into the awaiting gutter. YES the GUTTER!! IN A DRESS!! It was humiliating and not one person helped me up or asked me if I was OK. I smashed my lunch bag and our sandwiches and banged up my elbow. Later when I called Sal to tell him what idiotic thing I just did I could barely get the story out without laughing. I was laughing so hard I was crying and keeled over. I swear if I didn't laugh, I would have started crying. The kids must think their mother is insane.


The bus ride




After story time was over and we had checked out our new books we came outside and saw the bus just sitting at the stop. We waited and waited for the bus driver to come to the empty bus so we could go. He didn't. About 25 minutes passed when a tow truck pulled up and proceeded to tow the empty bus away. The replacement bus finally showed up 40 minutes or so later and we were able to go home.

Today was definitely an adventure and we won't soon forget it. The kids had fun and didn't care that their mommy fell and made an ass out of herself or that the bus was 40 minutes late to take us home or that they had to eat a pancake flat sandwich. They had a blast and can't wait to do it again. And honestly, I can't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment